We never tire of emphasising:
the excursion possibilities around Zeltingen-Rachtig are varied and exciting.
To name just a few:
- Maare-Mosel Cycle Path: wonderful tour along the rivers.
- Vineyard hikes on the "Moselsteig" premium hiking trail
- Where wine grows, people like to celebrate. At street and farm festivals you can taste the famous Moselle Riesling directly at the winery.
- "Zeltinger Himmelreich": the operetta festival is a real highlight and takes place every two years on the historic market square
- Christmas market in the Schorlemer wine press house: every first and second Advent weekend
Due to its location in the heart of the Middle Moselle, Zeltingen-Rachtig is an ideal starting point for discovering the entire Moselle, as well as the Eifel and Hunsrück.
The medieval wine and philosopher town of Bernkastel-Kues is only 5 km away, Roman Trier about 50 km, Cochem 70 km, the Eifel maars and Idar-Oberstein about 40 km each.
More information on hiking and cycling stages, dates and sights can be found on the website of the Tourist Information Zeltingen-Rachtig.
Click here for map